Introducing a new blog post series to highlight new features and enhancements available with SQL Server 2022.
SQL Server 2022, now in public preview, is our most Azure-enabled release yet, with continued innovation across performance, security, and availability.
With connections to Azure Synapse, Microsoft Purview, and Azure SQL Managed Instance, it is a key offering within the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, which fully integrates databases, analytics, and governance, enabling organizations to move beyond fragmentation and unlock new capabilities.
In our upcoming SQL Server 2022 blog series, you will learn about new innovation, discover best practices, and gain product insights from the engineering team who built it. Our product team members are lined up to share specifics from their respective areas of expertise.
The series will cover:
- Performance and scalability, including buffer pool parallel scan.
- Security and governance, including SQL Server Ledger and Microsoft Purview.
- Query processing, including Intelligent Query Processing Next Gen.
- Analytics, including Azure Synapse Link.
- T-SQL enhancements, including JSON data support.
- Availability, including the new link feature in Azure SQL Managed Instance.
- Deployment options, including SQL Server on Linux and Containers and SQL Server on Azure Arc–enabled servers.
Bookmark the SQL Server 2022 Blogging Series page to follow along and see future blog posts.