India

Chlorine gas leak at swimming pool leads to over 10 students being hospitalised in AP’s Vijayawada

A chlorine gas leak at a swimming pool academy in AP’s Vijayawada, triggered by old equipment, resulted in over 10 students being hospitalised on Wednesday. The students, who fell ill, are now in stable condition.

Vijayawada,UPDATED: Dec 9, 2022 07:39 IST

The swimming academy supervisor, Rambabu (above) said the leak happened due to old equipment.

The swimming academy supervisor, Rambabu (above) said the leak happened due to old equipment. (Credits: ANI)

By India Today Web Desk: Students at a swimming pool academy in Andhra Pradesh’s Vijayawada had to be rushed to the hospital since they fell ill due to the leakage of chlorine gas. The incident occurred on Wednesday, December 8, at the Vijayawada municipal corporation swimming pool. All the hospitalised students are in stable condition.

According to the supervisor of the swimming pool academy where the incident took place, the chlorine gas leak occurred because the equipment being used was old. Similarly, the gas cylinder was also old.

Due to the leakage of chlorine gas, around 10-12 students between the ages of 8 to fourteen fell ill and had to be rushed to the hospital. The swimming pool academy supervisor added that the leakage was controlled later and that all the students were in stable condition.

According to the news agency ANI, the children were preparing for the competitions to be held in Eluru on December 11.

“The incident happened at around 8:30 pm on Wednesday night. Some of the swimmers requested us to give them permission to swim as they are having a competition on December 11. We told them to get permission from the municipal commissioner and they said that they have permission,” said Rambabu, the swimming pool academy supervisor.




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button