Andhra MLC arrested for killing former driver over fear he would reveal ‘secrets’

Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) leader Ananta Satya Udaya Bhaskar has been arrested for killing his former driver, Subrahmanyam. The accused reportedly killed him over fear that his secrets and other activities would be revealed by the deceased.

According to the victim’s, Subrahmanyam was called by Member of Legislative Committee (MLC) Ananta Bhaskar on Thursday night, May 19, around 9.30 pm.

Later, the MLC handed over his body to his family on Friday, around 2 am. The family said that Ananta Bhaskar told them that he had died in an accident.

Based on the complaint initially lodged by the victim’s mother on May 20, Sarpavaram Police in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavri district registered a case of suspicious death and began an investigation into the matter.

After the post morten report of the deceased was produced, the case was converted to murder under section 302, 201 read with IPC Section 3 (1) (r) (s) and Section 3 (2) (V) of the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act 1989.


According to the post mortem report, the driver was hit on his private parts. He also suffered major injuries to his leg, hand, and head.

YSRCP leader Anantha Udaya Bhaskar (47) was identified as the main accused in the murder case.

According to Superintendent of Police, Ravindranath Babu, the MLC had asked Subrahmanyam to meet him on the night of May 19. After he arrived, MLC Ananta Bhaskar attacked him in Sankar Nagar cell tower area.


Ananta Bhaskar tried to admit Subrahmanyam into the hospital, only to find out that he had died. He tried to play off the murder as an accident by pushing him out of his car to make it seem like the accident was the cause of death.

It has been alleged that Subrahmanyam, the accused’s former driver, was aware of his former boss’s secrets, companies and other activities. Fearing that his former driver might revel his secrets, the MLC had killed him.

After the arrest, police produced MLC Ananta Bhaskar in court, which sent him to 14 days in judicial custody. Police have transferred him to Rajahmundry Central Jail.

Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button